In response to the unprecedented effects of the current COVID-19 pandemic, Tomorrow’s Health has opened a clinical laboratory in the Tri-Cities area (Richland, WA). We will be bringing in the power of next generation sequencing (NGS) technology to not only diagnose cases of COVID-19, but also Influenza, RSV, and dozens of other viral, bacterial and fungal pathogens that can cause serious respiratory illness.
Our testing includes single tests for active COVID-19 infection:
- For testing patients exhibiting COVID-19-like symptoms;
- For screening large numbers of people for public health purposes, such as contact tracing;
- For screening employees within local businesses to meet phased re-opening requirements.
More comprehensive respiratory pathogen, including drug resistance marker testing will be available:
- For patients suspected of active COVID-19, Influenza and/or RSV infection;
- For patients with severe and/or chronic respiratory symptoms where COVID-19 and/or co-infection by other viral, bacterial or fungal respiratory pathogens is suspected;
- For patients with severe and/or chronic respiratory symptoms that have not responded to empirical therapy.
We are very excited to bring this advanced technology to the local area, providing superior diagnostic lab testing that will aid our local healthcare providers in providing life-saving care to all members of our great community!