In the past, if you needed to or simply wished to get a lab test to evaluate your health, and you did not have insurance, it was almost impossible to do so! Laboratories had policies where if you did not have a doctor’s order and did not have insurance, they would not perform lab testing for you.
However, two things have happened over the past several years to now make it possible for ANYONE to order a lab test:
First, the state of Washington made it legal for a person to get a lab test WITHOUT a doctor’s order (referral).
Second, Tomorrow’s Health opened their doors for lab testing – with policies that now enable and empower individuals to order their own lab tests.
What is the Benefit of Ordering your own Lab Tests?
Direct-to-consumer (DTC) testing, otherwise known as patient-ordered/authorized testing, is legal in Washington State – and available NOW at Tomorrow’s Health.
Have you ever wanted to get some lab tests done to evaluate your general health, investigate new symptoms or follow-up on known health issues? Have you then run into one of the below problems?
- You have a difficult time setting up an appointment with a doctor to address your concerns
- You can set up an appointment, but it is months away
- Your doctor orders a lab test for you, but you find out MONTHS LATER that it is not covered by your insurance
- Your insurance covers the lab test, but your responsibility of the final bill ends up MORE than if you paid for the test up front
- You don’t have insurance and thus the lab will not perform the testing
- You don’t have a doctor’s order and thus the lab will not perform the testing
- You can’t afford to see a doctor, get a lab test ordered, and see a doctor a second time to address the results of your lab test
If you have experienced one or more of these issues, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Tomorrow’s Health offers a wide variety of lab tests that can be ordered without a doctor’s order and for individuals without insurance.
- Save Time
- Save Money
- Have the Lab Test Results Sent Directly to You
- Avoid Unnecessary Appointments
DTC Tests Offered at Tomorrow’s Health
DTC laboratory tests are now available at Tomorrow’s Health. Because you can order your blood tests directly from Tomorrow’s Health, you will more quickly receive critical information about your health and be able to take charge of your own health care.
Among the DTC lab tests that we offer at Tomorrow’s Health are:
- General Health and Wellness Panel
- Anemia Panel
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Panel
- Lipid Panel
- Diabetes Panel
- Women’s Health Panel
- Thyroid Function Panel
- Reproductive Health Panel
- Men’s Health Panel
- PSA (Prostate cancer screening test)
- Liver Function Panel
- Kidney Function Panel
The revolution in healthcare is upon us – let’s carry it out together!